Mitchinson’s, a mixed day house, opened in the Mint Yard, with boys and girls from Marlowe House, in 1982. It moved into its new site in February 2018. The house is named after John Mitchinson, Headmaster 1859-1873.
The building in St Radigund’s Street had once been Bligh Brothers Coachworks, where two of the Chitty Bang Bang cars were partly built for Count Zborowski (1895-1924). His exploits inspired Ian Fleming’s Chitty Chitty Bang Bang stories.
Housemasters / mistresses: Brian Turner (1982-88), Richard Maltby (1988-2000), Philip Fox (2000-12), Emma Ladd (2012- )