The Old Synagogue

The Synagogue in King Street, designed in Egyptian style by Canterbury architect Hezekiah Marshall, was opened in 1848. It was built to replace the earlier synagogue in St Dunstan’s, demolished for the building of the railway.

It was acquired by the School in 1982, and is used for music lessons and small concerts. It is also occasionally available for the Canterbury Jewish community.