Leonard Evans initially accommodated boys at Winchelsey House, 12 Longport, from 1898 but soon moved to Holme House, 20 Old Dover Road. This had previously been a young gentlemen’s preparatory school, run by Miss Matilda Evans. The house was closed during the First World War and re-opened in Summer Term 1920. The boys were moved into Meister Omers in 1936.
Housemasters: Revd Leonard Evans  1901-13; Revd Herbert Poole 1913-15; Joseph Bastable ‘JB’ Harris 1920-36